Last month we were thrilled to introduce the Lausanne Global Workplace Forum. This month we are excited to announce that we are now accepting nominations for the 500-1000 participants who will gather in Manila in June 2019. I hope that you are as excited as I am for what God will do through and for us when we come together to mobilize His people to seek kingdom impact in every sphere of society—including the workplace.
I would like to personally invite everyone reading this blog to nominate one or more people for our selection committee to consider. Prayerfully consider those within your spheres of influence who have a passionate commitment to evangelism and witness in the workplace. Someone who has demonstrated a strong desire to reflect God’s character in the midst of her work life by integrating faith and work, and has a broad and expanding influence for Christ that stretches beyond her primary workplace. This person has a sense of urgency to see the whole world reached with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The complete participant criteria and nomination form is now available. Please nominate as many people as you would like.
The selection committee is praying that God will give us discernment to select influencers from all regions of the world, across different generations, and across all 35 Lausanne issue networks. Our goal is to have at least half of the participants come from the workplace, at least 30% women, and at least 30% younger leaders (ages 40 and below).
To help fuel your imagination of who might be a suitable participant, here are some examples of participants’ possible spheres of work:
- Christian workplace influencers who work among both ‘blue collar’ and ‘white collar’ professions with significant influence for Christ both in and beyond their primary workplace
- Marketplace ministry leaders and influencers, involved in workplace networks as generators and curators of ideas on Christian witness in the workplace
- Christian homemakers with broad spheres of missional influence through blogs and/or social media
- Young workplace innovators (under age 40) across regions; these are young entrepreneurs who are creating new forms of work, redefining work, and pointing to the future of work
- Christian policy makers in the public and private sectors, e., government, industry, and private enterprise
- Christian labor leaders dealing with workplace issues as advocates, champions, and in dispute resolution
- Theological educators and practitioners of Theology of Work (TOW) (g., leaders of Christian domestics in the Gulf)
- College or university educators and academics with a special focus on equipping people for workplace or marketplace ministry
- Christian artists, athletes, and those working in entertainment sectors with a passion for global mission and holistic integration of faith and work
- Pastors / church leaders who have a vision for training and equipping all Christians for effective mission and witness in the workplace
I ask that you would give special consideration to your connections in the majority world, those who are younger leaders, and especially women who are having an impact for Christ in the workplace. Nominations will be accepted until 30 April 2018 and invitations will be sent to invited participants beginning 31 July 2018.
Before submitting your nominations, please join me in prayer with the words below.
Pray with Us
Our Father, we pray that your kingdom may come on earth as it is in heaven. Thank you for placing your people strategically in workplaces all across the world to reflect your light and be your witnesses. Bring to mind those who are influencers for Christ in the workplace whom you are calling to be a part of this gathering, for Jesus’ name sake. Amen.