To encourage and facilitate the involvement of churches, denomination, ministries, networks and individuals in the missional calling of the church.
Lausanne Canada will seek to carry out its mission by building bridges of understanding and co-operation among Christian leaders in Canada and so contribute to mobilizing the whole church to live out the whole gospel to the whole world. We will work to provide a place for theological discussion and the development of practical strategies that address important issues relevant to the missional responsibility of the church. Though operating in the Canadian context we recognize our role as the presence of an international movement and so maintain a global perspective.
We affirm a wholistic understanding of the gospel which includes proclamation, the prophetic voice, personal redemption, reconciliation and social responsibility in matters related to human dignity and justice.
- Keeping the Canadian church abreast of global developments in missional work.
- Fostering co-operation and partnerships in the missional work of the church.
- Promoting conversation and facilitating active response to important areas of concern in the missional task of the church.
- Providing venues in which missional issues facing the church in Canada and the global faith community can be explored.
- Developing resources that will inform and strengthen our understanding of the missional task for both the Canadian and the global community.
- Encouraging persistent prayer for and involvement in kingdom work both locally and globally.
- Identifying young leaders committed to the missional calling of the church.